Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year, New You


A brand new year! 2012 - The moment it hit midnight I really took the opportunity to embrace all around me and love every second of it! It motivated me to make a bigger effort to do all I can in making this year right; for me means staying positive, keep moving forward and flaunt my best assets inside and out to keep me going!

If you are looking for a mood change or a way to reach a ‘better you’ I have some advice, maybe some you’ve already heard, but I tend to like it!

Keep up with yourself and keep your mind busy. I’ve learned that doing things for myself keeps me on a nice even track. I’ve tried Yoga for the first time (If you never have, I recommend!) Yoga was nothing I ever thought to do before and it never interested me, but I started to understand what it was, what it does and how it can make you feel. It helps with stress, harmonizes the body and works with your mind! If you need a little ‘me’ time this year, I’d check it out. Everyone needs an even balance in life and most of us struggle with it, and sometimes may not even know it!

Also, what inspires you? Find a brand new book you’d like to read; whether it’s in the self help section, sports, music or whatever makes you happy. I think we all get off track sometimes and we need to be reminded of who WE are instead of focusing on other things around us that can make us upset, sad or angry that can make us forget. If you do not relate to that, I’d love to have your life!

Take 2 hours out of your day and relax! Get a massage – it is so worth the time if you let it. You can relax in your own thoughts in a quiet room and leave all the worries outside.

Also don’t forget to beautify yourself while you’re at J

Try new make up  - throw out the old and bring in the new. I just replenished mine from make-up designory! Check it out.

In my salon I’ve noticed long layers and lots of angles to define a face are a trend, and feathers are huge for any age! A big hit for New Years Eve too. The new asset to completing a haircut has been a feather hidden so slightly in your hair that it gives just the right amount of ‘pop’ for a new fashion look. The choices of the FeatherLocks are endless from seasons themed, animal print, colors, sizes and more –Read more info on the official page.


Take some of these thoughts into account to start a better year. Remember that taking care of yourself is the first step of an even path J

No comments:

Post a Comment